Friday, June 13, 2008

400 mile bike trip

Recently I went on a bike trip from Denton, Texas to Fayetteville, Arkansas. It took eight days and went over three small mountain ranges. When I got to Fayetteville, my daughter, Mandy, her husband Tim - the photographer - and my three grandkids were waiting for me with a party at the finish line. They even had a cookie cake! It was the perfect way to end my trip. Half my family and friends thought I was crazy and half thought it was great. My brother, Mixon, is an avid biker and runner. We're planning on going together next year.













7 comments:

Doc said...

Great Blog, haven't heard from you yet? It is 6:00 on Wed. here in Texas. Have you arrived?

Unknown said...

thats amazing doc! way to go!
-frank

Anonymous said...

Dearest Doc! I love your blog! I am praying for you! (I also just got a blog started, too!) May God bless you as you teach, and love your Chinese students! May God bring forth a great harvest through your life! Blessings, Beth

Dutch said...

Greetings from a warm and beautiful Santala!

Great achievement, that bike tour! You gave me an idea for my holidays...

We'll be praying for you.

God bless,

Bob

Anonymous said...

Doc I am so impressed with your 400 mile road trip. I enjoyed seeing the pictures! You really are amazing, Doc bless you in all that you do and accomplish for our Lord! Blessings, Beth

Austin Anglers for Him said...

Loved the pictures! I know that you are enjoying the teaching--Miles and I did that in Russia one summer and it was so rewarding. Your work serves two purposes: Language and The Way!

Carolyn and Miles Wilson

Unknown said...

Doc...you are truly an inspiration. Love the blog!
-nick