Tuesday, October 28, 2008

7 things you didn't know about me

My daughter, Mandy Casteel, tagged me.  I didn’t know what that meant, but she shared 7 little known things about herself and now I’m suppose to share 7 little known things about myself.  Here it goes:

 

  1. When a child I fell and hit my nose on the bumper of a car and almost lost my nose.  I had to get a bunch of stitches to save it.
  2. I was an all-district, alternate all-state guard on my high school football team.  I was a 155 pounds of a mean, fighting machine.
  3. I took Spanish one twice! See-see  
  4. On my first job at a gas station I once put oil where the transmission fluid goes.  I thought sure I'd get fired, but didn't. 
  5. I once stayed up literally all night to study for an Old Testament Introduction class and made a 50.  Fortunately, that turned out to be a “B”.
  6. I’ve had the privilege of serving God in the USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Peru, Lithuania, Russia, Moldova, the Ukraine, China and most recently (right now) in Malaysia.
  7. I now live in Denton just 20 minutes from where I went to high school in Lewisville, Texas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was very interested in learning about these things about you Doc! I enjoyed the story about the oil and transmission fluid and I did not know about your nose and that you almost lost it! Wow! The things that I never knew about you Doc. Thanks for sharing them with us.
Blessings from Beth